Jack Benton:

If you have one in your home, make sure its used properly.

Originally posted on WGN-TV:

[trib_ndn vid=24283897]

Funerals will be held tomorrow for two members of the same Chicago family whose lives were taken by carbon monoxide.

Family and friends gathered with the family of 77-year-old Rasheeda Akhter and 18-year-old Zanib Ahmed to mourn their loss.  An autopsy confirms they were victims of long-term exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide.

Friends of the teen, who planned to study medicine at Northwestern, can’t believe she’s gone.

“She was just an amazing friend,” said Nayaab Ahmed.

The deaths were confusing at first, because although the initial symptoms were consistent with c-o poisoning, the first readings taken by Chicago Fire Dept were very low.

“Keep in mind that CO poisoning is cumulative.  It adds up. So you get a little here a little there, it keeps adding up, said assistant deputy fire commissioner Mark Nielsen.

The city requires one working CO detector on every floor with a bedroom.

View original 98 more words

About these ads

What Are Your Thoughts??

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,283 other followers

%d bloggers like this: