Please Contact Recruiter Directly! I am posting this as a favor to them! Thanks!
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time Safety, Health, and Training Manager in its Flavor Manufacturing Center (FMC), located at 11102 McCormick Road in Hunt Valley, MD. This person will report to the Human Relations Manager.
With more than $3 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
As an employer recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays and vacations.
This Manager provides leadership for the Safety, Health and Safety Training Programs and sets the example of team leadership within a High Performance environment. This person is dedicated to insuring safe practices, obtaining injury reduction, implementing proactive safety processes, increasing safety awareness, and developing and maintaining robust safety training programs.
- Serve as technical resource for the Flavor Manufacturing Center (plant), ensuring safe practices, injury/illness prevention processes, regulatory compliance, and risk management for liability, Workers’ Compensation, and property claims
- Oversee compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements, application of McCormick Health and Safety policies and procedures, comprehensive case management, analysis of safety incidents and behaviors, and establishment of best practices for the plant/facility.
- Maintain safety and organizational health scorecard reporting
- Oversee and audit all plant safety training activities, including monthly department and business unit safety audits. Develop meaningful safety measures for plant scorecard to drive performance improvements. Identify and communicate organizational safety objectives and practices to actionable solutions.
- Lead the resolution of Worker’s Compensation issues with emphasis on implementing cost control measures and proper case management
- Develop, implement and refine Divisional injury prevention processes for continuous improvement in injury frequency, compliance issues and worker’s compensation
- Lead and develop safety committee members and (if applicable) Safety ELR Technicians
- Validate the performance for the Safety Committee and all Injury/Incident review boards, leading action plans and root cause analysis to include resolution of such
- Provide strategic safety planning
- Environmental reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene or Safety, Physical or Life Sciences, Psychology, Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in safety and/or industrial health in the manufacturing industry required
- Experience training all levels of staff required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and proven experience with OSHA and State safety regulations required with emphasis in areas of dust collection/management, machine guarding, lock out/tag out, hoists, and explosion safety required
- Experience leading project teams and/or managing direct reports required
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects at once, required
- Experience analyzing data and creating follow up action plans to facilitate change and process improvements required
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills required
- Strong problem solving (people and technical) skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience empowering, engaging, motivating and coaching individuals to achieve goals require
- Experience working in a high performance and/or team based environment required
- Experience leading behavioral safety programs preferred
If interested, please visit www.mccormickcorporation.com and apply for position #100238.
Contract Corporate Recruiter
McCormick & Company, Inc.