Please Contact Recruiter Directly for these 3 jobs! I am posting this as a favor to them!! – Jack
Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator in Belvidere, IL
Summary: Plans and coordinates health and safety program requiring application of engineering principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational hazards and diseases by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and implements programs and policies for monitoring and preventing safety hazards at the facility.
· Develops and oversees Corrective Actions to safety issues.
· Work with engineering when process modifications or installation of new equipment is made to ensure air, waste water and/or storm water permits are evaluated/modified by conducting emission calculations, performing toxic analyses, analyzing best available control technology. Must perform a manufacturing readiness assessment on all new equipment and/or process.
· Maintain the OSHA 300 log for all work related injuries.
· Complete administration of all worker’s compensation claims.
· Performs field and safety measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste evaluations.
· Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining material safety data sheets. Maintains monitoring instrumentation and equipment.
· Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
· Provides technical guidance to management and labor organization regarding health related problems and correct use of protective clothing or accessories.
· Monitors the company’s environmental, health & safety policy and ensure the plant is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Chairperson to local Safety Committee. Responsible for creating agenda, meeting bi-weekly, communicating results.
· Lead IAC Belvidere representative for all safety-related audits.
· Acts as Management Representative for the implementation and maintenance of the plant’s ISO 14001 program.
· Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
· Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues related to health and safety.
· Delivery of monthly safety training to all employees.
· Delivery of safety training during New Hire Orientation.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of five years EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of OSHA standards.
· Lean Manufacturing skills.
· Should have six sigma/continuous improvement background.
· 5’s training.
|James Southard | Recruiter5700 Crooks Rd Suite 112 | Troy, MI 48098 |
P: 248-720-2500 Ext. 108