ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER – PLANT – KANSAS CITY, KS LOCATION
FPC of Raleigh has been engaged to find a new PLANT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER (EHS MANAGER) for our client, a large international manufacturing company. This role will be located in and be responsible for the full EHS function at the KANSAS CITY, KS plant. The PLANT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (EH MANAGER) will partner with the Plant Manager to help lead this premier flagship facility and to be primarily responsible for the delivery of the EHS programs and policies.
This company is looking for a strong leader and motivator, with solid EHS skills, who is not afraid to make decisions, and who can think outside the box to achieve quality results.
The PLANT ENIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (EHS MANAGER) will have responsibility developing and managing the facilities’ EHS programs and to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, permitting and reporting. This role will manage a team of 5 including the maintenance staff.
This company offers a competitive salary, good benefits and bonus, with relocation available for the appropriate candidate.
RESPONSIBILITIES for the PLANT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (EHS MANAGER) include:
• Strong ISO 14001, EPA and OSHA compliance and standards knowledge
• Develop and implement policies, programs and practices to control air emissions, monitor industrial wastewater treatment and discharges, manage and minimize solid and hazardous waste and to manage activities requited under the Toxic Substances Control Act, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and all other applicable environmental laws and regulations
• Supervision of the programs under the Occupational Safety & Health Act
• Conduct facility inspections, maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports to regulatory agencies
• Use Lean Manufacturing tools to drive continuous improvement
• Maintain working relationships with federal, State and local regulatory agencies
• Maintain compliance with all permits
• Maintain EHS budget and capital monies and expenditures
• Training and oversight of facility personnel performing EHS functions
• Develop Behavioral Based Training to improve productivity and decrease accident and incidents
• Work with all levels of employees, and partner with plant management on EHS initiatives
• Develop reports and KPI for Plant Manager and Director EHS
• Effectively manage, develop and lead the HR team
QUALIFIECATIONS for the PLANT ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER (EHS MANAGER) include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering or related field.
• 2-4 years’ experience in EHS in a MANUFACTURING OR INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENT
• Must have knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft WORD, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
• Must be able to use data/environmental management software
• Must be fully familiar with OSHA standards and regulations
• ISO audit experience is preferred
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence, procedural manuals and to present data to large or small groups
• Training and expertise in Lean Manufacturing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have strong leadership skills and ability to develop EHS team
• Must have a proven record of success in a similar role with measurable results.
Contact Recruiter Directly Below:
FPC of Raleigh – HR, EHS and Finance Talent Specialist; 2014 Platinum Award Winner
Direct Dial – 919-848-3593
View my profile on LinkedInhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/loriotoole/