I am a dedicated, passionate, results proven, highly successful “hands on” employee motivator and solutions-oriented EHS, Safety & Risk professional with a wealth of experience of 14+ years, across multiple business lines, including insurance risk assessments, warehouse – 3PL, fleet safety, construction site safety as well as foam, food, paper and metals manufacturing industries in a single and multiple site setting with an employee base of 500 – 2,000+ employees working 2 and 3 shift operations in both a union and non-union employee environment. I possess a strong background implementing and assessing the efficacy of comprehensive risk, loss prevention, environmental, health and safety programs in full compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
I have excellent communication and liaison abilities with regulatory agencies and a strong aptitude developing and implementing comprehensive safety policies, employee, and supervisor professional development and employee safety education programs. Additionally, I have exceptional skills in budget administration, staff oversight, resource allocation, and relationship management.
I have led and dramatically improved safety performance and consistently reduced employee accident rates in all of my previous safety roles in the manufacturing and construction industries. I am extremely successful in collaborating with all levels of organizations to implement safety processes and improve overall performance, providing a positive impact on the overall business success of your company.
I will provide “Hands On”, “On the Floor” employee mentoring and safety culture building EHS – Safety & Loss Control & Risk Management Consulting to your manufacturing, construction or insurance company on a contract or full-time basis in the greater Chicago Area & NW Indiana.
Please feel free to call me at 630-842-7771 or Email me at BentonSafety@Outlook.com for additional information.
- Creation, instruction and administration of employee training programs such as Hearing Conservation, Respirator Use, GHS – HAZCOM 2012 (SDS- MSDS), First Aid /AED, PPE Use, Forklift Training & Licensing, DOT, LOTO (lock-out – tag out), Confined Space, Emergency Response and others as required and applicable to your business.
- Written Safety Policy and Procedures tailored to your business.
- Safety Committee creation and administration.
- Industrial Hygiene Experience Including Noise and chemical PEL exposure limit monitoring of employees.
- Above Average Workers Compensation Cost Reduction.
- Risk Management & Risk – Loss Assessments
- Highly Successful Employee Injury DART Rate & Injury Reduction.
- Project Management & Process Safety Management Experience (Chemical & Ammonia)
- Accident investigation, management of workers’ compensation cases and OSHA 300 logs management.
- JHA / JSA conducted on manufacturing equipment, job analysis, and process safety analysis.
- Ergonomic assessments and taking corrective action to minimize the chance of repetitive motion injuries.
- Fleet Safety (100+Vehicles) including DOT, FMCSR / FMCSA, CSA 2010 & HOS Log records retention, drug testing requirements, and driver safety program management.
- Emergency management and employee response team development and implementation.
- Facility Security Management experience along with the use of CCTV, Key Card Access, Fire and Security Alarms.
- Reduced through negotiation cost savings for yearly safety budgets for training programs and PPE.
- Environmental protection, hazardous waste removal including biohazard materials, Clean Air Act chemical air release reporting (EPCRA) SARA Title 5, storm water (NPDES) permitting program Tier II compliance, TSCA, RCRA and SPCC Planning.
Contact me for questions on other services that you may require.