“House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt, AA Batteries In Junk Drawers & Other Places Rising”

* If You Know of a Fire Incident in Your Town Caused by 9 Volt, AA or AAA Battery Storage in a Home, Please Note it in the comments Section of this Post! Thank You! Click here for the recent Hastings, Nebraska House Fire on January 16, 2017 If you are storing loose 9 volt … Continue reading “House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt, AA Batteries In Junk Drawers & Other Places Rising”

Advertisements

Updated! – House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt & AA Batteries on the Rise

NH Fire Marshal Warns About ‘Junk Drawer’ Items After Amherst Blaze LONDONDERRY, NH 8/8/2012 (CBS) – New Hampshire’s Fire Marshal is warning people after a fire at an Amherst, New Hampshire home that is being blamed on a battery, paper clips, post-it notes, and other items stashed in a junk drawer. The prongs of the battery, … Continue reading Updated! – House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt & AA Batteries on the Rise

“House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt & AA Batteries on the Rise – Additional Stories!

NH Fire Marshal Warns About ‘Junk Drawer’ Items After Amherst Blaze LONDONDERRY, NH 8/8/2012 (CBS) – New Hampshire’s Fire Marshal is warning people after a fire at an Amherst, New Hampshire home that is being blamed on a battery, paper clips, post-it notes, and other items stashed in a junk drawer. The prongs of the battery, … Continue reading “House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt & AA Batteries on the Rise – Additional Stories!

House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt Batteries In Junk Drawers Rising

* If You Know of  a Fire Incident in Your Town Caused by 9 Volt, AA or AAA Battery Storage in a Home, Please Note it in the comments Section of this Post! Thank You! If you are storing loose 9 volt or AA or other batteries in a kitchen drawer or a "junk" drawer … Continue reading House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt Batteries In Junk Drawers Rising

Updated – “Honoring Volunteer Firefighters” – CBS Sunday Morning Feature

I have been getting a lot of email asking what happened to the video I had on my Blog from the CBS Sunday Morning Program "Honoring Volunteer Firefighters". As you have probably found out, if you go to the CBS Website, the video has been taken down and I have done so as well. Unfortunately, … Continue reading Updated – “Honoring Volunteer Firefighters” – CBS Sunday Morning Feature

Incandescent Light Bulbs To Be Phased Out By 2014

CHICAGO (CBS) – Thomas Edison would never approve, but beginning next year the incandescent light bulb will start being phased out. As CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports it’s part of something called the Energy Independence and Security Act. John Codman isn’t happy about it. He promises: “I will have a stock of incandescent light bulbs.” … Continue reading Incandescent Light Bulbs To Be Phased Out By 2014