“Have Batteries At Home? Don’t Store Open Batteries In Junk Drawers” #HomeSafety

Click here for the recent Hastings, Nebraska House Fire on January 16, 2017 If you are storing loose 9 volt or AA or other batteries in a kitchen drawer or a "junk" drawer in your home, watch how you store them. Above all don't store them loose and rolling around with other metal items, like small … Continue reading “Have Batteries At Home? Don’t Store Open Batteries In Junk Drawers” #HomeSafety

Advertisements

State Fire Marshal Warns of 9 Volt Battery Danger – The “Junk Drawer” Problem Continues to Grow!

  A June 2013 fire in New Hampshire sparked by a 9 volt battery in a junk drawer has fire safety officials warning of how to properly store them. The resident had just cleaned and organized a junk drawer in her kitchen and the fire was started by storing the 9 volt battery in the … Continue reading State Fire Marshal Warns of 9 Volt Battery Danger – The “Junk Drawer” Problem Continues to Grow!

House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt Batteries In Junk Drawers Rising

* If You Know of  a Fire Incident in Your Town Caused by 9 Volt, AA or AAA Battery Storage in a Home, Please Note it in the comments Section of this Post! Thank You! If you are storing loose 9 volt or AA or other batteries in a kitchen drawer or a "junk" drawer … Continue reading House Fires Caused By Storage of 9 Volt Batteries In Junk Drawers Rising