“AA Batteries Cause House Fire In Hastings, Nebraska” & How To Store Batteries Safely In The Home” #FireSafety

AA Batteries Rolling Around In Camera Case Cause House Fire In Hastings, Nebraska "How To Store Batteries Safely In The Home" HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) -- Some of us may have that kitchen junk drawer that has loose batteries, tools, and other items in it, but these drawers might be a fire waiting to happen. If … Continue reading “AA Batteries Cause House Fire In Hastings, Nebraska” & How To Store Batteries Safely In The Home” #FireSafety

Advertisements

“More Proof That Battery Storage in Junk Drawers Leads to Home Fires”

  SALT LAKE CITY — Who would have thought that those batteries rolling around in your kitchen junk drawer might burn your house down? It happened to a Colorado family, and that wasn’t the first time. Few people routinely give batteries the respect they deserve. Batteries get tossed into junk drawers where they roll around … Continue reading “More Proof That Battery Storage in Junk Drawers Leads to Home Fires”

“Why 9 Volt Batteries & “Junk Drawers” Do Not Mix”

CBS News Report (NH) on Junk Drawer Battery Storage Actual 9 Volt Battery Fire Aftermath If you want to get an idea of how this happens, do like I did when I was changing 7 smoke detector back-up batteries. I removed the old battery from one of the smoke detectors and inadvertently put it in … Continue reading “Why 9 Volt Batteries & “Junk Drawers” Do Not Mix”