“Have Batteries At Home? Don’t Store Open Batteries In Junk Drawers” #HomeSafety

Click here for the recent Hastings, Nebraska House Fire on January 16, 2017 If you are storing loose 9 volt or AA or other batteries in a kitchen drawer or a "junk" drawer in your home, watch how you store them. Above all don't store them loose and rolling around with other metal items, like small … Continue reading “Have Batteries At Home? Don’t Store Open Batteries In Junk Drawers” #HomeSafety

Advertisements

“Grain Silo Collapses Causing Combustible Dust Explosion In Indiana” #CombustibleDust

Note: Video Contains Language NSFW This is why awareness of Combustible Dust Is SO Important!! Around 1 p.m. on Monday, July 31, 2017, Jordan White posted a video to Facebook. Since then, it has been viewed by more than a million times. An overhead tank filled with more than 10,000 bushels of corn collapsed as … Continue reading “Grain Silo Collapses Causing Combustible Dust Explosion In Indiana” #CombustibleDust

“Elk Grove Village, Illinois Food Plant Worker Injured In Explosion” #PSM #AmmoniaSafety

This incident is just another reason why Ammonia Safety, both PSM & Evacuation Safety Drills are so important and have to be taken seriously every day. If you work in this type of industry, make sure you know your company's Safety Rules for Ammonia Exposure & Evacuation Procedures and you practice them. Be an involved … Continue reading “Elk Grove Village, Illinois Food Plant Worker Injured In Explosion” #PSM #AmmoniaSafety

“Combustible Dust: An Insidious Hazard”

Combustible Dust Hazards It was 2:30 a.m. on February 7, 2016, when something went disastrously wrong at the JCG Farms Feed Mill in Rockmart, Georgia. A skeleton crew of seven workers was on duty that Sunday morning when the accumulated grain dust in the hammer mill exploded, killing 25-year-old Justin Deems and sending five other … Continue reading “Combustible Dust: An Insidious Hazard”

Donnie’s Accident – “I Was Too Good To Need My Safety Gear”

On August 12, 2004, I was connecting large electrical generator in preparation for Hurricane Charlie. The meter I was using failed and blew carbon into the gear and created an electrical arc which resulted in an arc blast. The electrical equipment shown in the video is the actual equipment after the explosion when my co-workers … Continue reading Donnie’s Accident – “I Was Too Good To Need My Safety Gear”

“Terrorism Concerns Results in Chemical Storage Rule Delay” #WestTexasFire #Chemicals

The Trump administration is delaying a new rule tightening safety requirements for companies that store large quantities of dangerous chemicals. The rule was imposed after a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, exploded in 2013, killing 15 people. Scott Pruitt, the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, delayed the effective date of the Obama-era rule until … Continue reading “Terrorism Concerns Results in Chemical Storage Rule Delay” #WestTexasFire #Chemicals

Why Lock-Out, Tag-Out Is Vitally Important #LOTO #WorkplaceSafety

Note: The photos above are not intended for page views or shock value as I don't believe that those methods truly teach you anything in and of themselves. I don't know the particulars of the above accident, but I do know that the lack of a proper lock out - tag out (control of hazardous … Continue reading Why Lock-Out, Tag-Out Is Vitally Important #LOTO #WorkplaceSafety

“New NFPA Video Underscores Long-Lasting Realities Of Home Fire Survivors”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr3Cf8H4OwE On average, there are nearly 13,000 civilian fire injuries attributed to home fires each year. In cooperation with the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors, NFPA has produced a new video underscoring the painful aftermath of these injuries. Burn care specialists from the William Randolph Hearst Burn Center, one of the premier burn care hospitals … Continue reading “New NFPA Video Underscores Long-Lasting Realities Of Home Fire Survivors”

“Oakland Warehouse Dance Party Fire a Rare Disaster, But Troubling Trend Continues”

In this age of modern building construction and fire codes, large loss-of-life fires in assembly occupancies just aren’t supposed to happen. But, for some reason, they continue to. I noticed a trend following The Station fire; I thought to myself, “Seems like it’s been about ten years since we’ve seen a fire like this.” I … Continue reading “Oakland Warehouse Dance Party Fire a Rare Disaster, But Troubling Trend Continues”

“Samsung Recalls 2.8 Million Top-Load Washing Machines Due to Risk of Impact Injuries”

Recall date: November 4, 2016 Name of product: Samsung top-load washing machines Hazard: The washing machine top can unexpectedly detach from the washing machine chassis during use, posing a risk of injury from impact. Consumer Contact: Samsung toll-free at 866-264-5636 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET, or online at http://www.Samsung.com and click on the … Continue reading “Samsung Recalls 2.8 Million Top-Load Washing Machines Due to Risk of Impact Injuries”

“12,000 All Power Portable Generators Recalled by J.D. North America Due to Explosion, Fire and Burn Hazards”

J.D. North America Corp., of Charlotte, N.C., is recalling about 12,300 All Power portable gasoline generators sold in the U.S. and Mexico. The fuel tank can leak, posing explosion, fire and burn hazards. The firm has received 21 reports of fuel leakage. No injuries or property damage have been reported. This recall involves All Power … Continue reading “12,000 All Power Portable Generators Recalled by J.D. North America Due to Explosion, Fire and Burn Hazards”